new born syphlis
Nov 18, 2017
I have a Newborn Child (14 days)and my wife during pregnancy had syphilis RPR/VDRL 1:16 and received treatment in the fourth month of pregnancy and at birth she became RPR/VDRL 1:2 and child RPR/VDRL NON REACTIVE. Does the child need a dose of penicillin and how much dose and how many doses? Breastfeeding has problems for the child or not ?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Probably not. But you need to discuss this with your pediatrician who is taking of the child.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Is The Meaning Chlamydia Igg Test Positive?
- What Does Being Exposed To Herpes Mean?
- What Can Happen If Hpv Goes Untreated?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Through Unprotected Sex?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Or Warts From A Safe Exposure With A Prostitute?
- Viral Infection Throat And Shingles
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.