Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Relation between CD4 count, Viral Load and Time of Infection

Hello, I just wanted to know if is there a relation between my CD4 count and viral load, with the time when I was infected. I mean, if my couple has better CD4 count and lower viral load, was I infected first?. Is there any scientific paper talking about this?. Thank you very much!

No unfortunately, you can't use these numbers to determine how long someone was infected. In addition, each person who is infected handles the virus in their own unique way depending on their own immune system and its ability to control or not control the infection, and so will have different CD4 counts and HIV viral loads in the absence of treatment.

10 Words or Less
new born syphlis