Cd4 24 and VL 1 million, worried...

Hi there! Im having a really bad time...

Ive been with my partner for 12 years and recently he was diagnosed HIV+ because of his severe fatigue, fever, flu, he was very sick, the first lab test showed a viral load more than 1 million and 24 CD4 count , he started his treatment with Altrilpa and im very worried about him, is there a hope for him for a long and normal life? Hes only 35.

Also, i get tested every six months because of my work and always get HIV negative, is this possible? The last time we had unprotected anal sex was 2 years ago, and because of this recent diagnosis ive got tested recently 4 times in different labs: after 4, 5, 11 and 12 weeks of last exposure (oral sex, no cum), all negative with 4th gen test combo p24, AM I OK??

According to his last lab results, how many years ago could he have become infected?

As you likely know, that is a very low CD4 count and indicates significant damage to the immune system from HIV. The good news is he was diagnosed and is on effective HIV treatment now. That should get his viral load undetectable and the CD4 count back up so his immune system can get repaired and he won't be subjected to serious infections. In general, people can live long lives now with HIV infection and continued treatment. Without prior negative HIV test results, it is almost impossible to determine when infection might have occurred. I don't think additional testing is required in your case.

Unprotected Sex after syphilis treatment
CD4 Count 356 Viral Load<40