Syphillis Testing Question

Approximately 10 years ago I had Syphilis and was treated. I also contracted HIV at the same time. I was treated for the Syphillis and started on HIV mess. I have been undetectable since. All my Syphillis tests since then have been negative.

About two months ago I tested positive for Syphilis with an RPR of 1:1. My doctor treated me with Penacillan. About a week later the TP-PA test came back negative.

My doctor just retested me and the RPR has returned positive again at 1:1. I don't know the results of the TP-PA yet.

What are the most relevant causes of this? Is it Syphilis or possibly something else?

If there is no recent history of possible re-exposure, then there is no cause for concern. The RPR can remain positive or intermittently so at low titer for months to years after successful treatment.

Viral Load
Want to know about hcv borderline..