Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Understanding Your LabsUnderstanding Your Labs

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

help ecuador question

Sep 30, 2017

Hello Doctor. Six months ago I was diagnosed with hiv with 20,886 copies of viral viral load and 246 of cd4. Four months ago started the treatment of Tenofovil, Efavirenz, Emtricitabine. The second month that I started with the doctor's treatment told me that my viral load was significantly low and I am undetectable. I am 21 years old and like all young people. I want to go out with my friends. My question is if while I'm drinking liqueur I can take the pill? Most of the time I drink liqueur I do not get drunk but my question is whether that can impair undetectability. On two occasions I fell asleep and took the pill four hours after the usual time. Do you have any risk?

How can I help my body to make cd4 cells. I can take some extra medicine or some vitamin

Response from Dr. Holodniy

More than vitamins, limiting alcohol intake will help you immune system. I suggest you don't take your HIV meds when you are drinking alcohol and set up a routine schedule so you take your HIV meds at the same time everyday like taking your HIV meds right before you go to sleep every night. Taking your meds 4 hours after the scheduled time should not affect your results.

Previous
Re: Viral load blip following cervical cancer surgery
Next
HCV SVR

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.