Still indetectable, but cd4 dropped

Hi, I really appreciate what you do here. I got my lab results today and I'm a bit woried since my cd4 cells dropped to 236, considering that in april Iwas in 769. The viral is shown as indetectable nonetheless I noticed a week ago that some problems that I had before starting the treatment are appering, not as I had them but at least a white layer on my tounge is back as well as a bit of sorethoat. My doctor is on vacations and I'm really worried. What shall I do?

That seems like too much of a drop in someone with a HIV viral load that is undetectable for it too be real, and I suspect a lab error. Although CD4 counts can vary for a lot of reasons, a 500 cell drop in 5 months does not seem possible. Another number to follow is the CD4 percent which is a more stable number over time. The CD4 count should definitely be repeated. This all said, I am concerned what the white coating on your tongue could represent. I think you need to have that checked out, and make sure it is not thrush, or some other infection, which would require treatment.

10 Words or Less
Trivicay and odefsey