Had Repeat Anal Pap Test, Same Results.

Dr, I had an anal pap done in December 2012, and the results were LSIL. Low grade lesion result. All my docs and the colorectal doc told me not to stress that result too much, just to have another pap (and perhaps a high res anoscopy) at some point. I've had a colonoscopy a couple years ago, and a surgery to remove an inflammatory polyp. The polyp was biopsied and it came back showing just inflamed, nothing about malignant. I've had an recovered from an anal fissure as well.

Recently I had another anal pap, and it came back the same result as the one almost 2 years ago: LSIL, so no progression, same result. It said no evidence of malignancy.

So should I just relax for now and have another pap in 6 months, or should I have a high res anoscopy. My colorectal doc said that if I had another pap and the result was the same or better to just repeat paps regularly.

What is your advice? He did a regular anoscope on me about 8 months ago and said things looked ok other than my fissure which was active at the time. Thanks a lot for your response. I am somewhat cautiously relieved that my ne pap result showed no change.

I'm doing what I can to maintain my overall health, no smoking, drinking, drugs, and no receptive anal sex for over 4 years. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

I think given your results I would just continue with the regular paps for now.

Still afraid of dying
Syphilis RPR results from 1:128 to 1:32