Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Understanding Your LabsUnderstanding Your Labs

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Stopped HIV treatment three years ago
Jul 12, 2014

I stopped HIV treatment three years,I went back to my doctor because I had the Shingles(it is almost gone now). I started my old treatment(Norvir, Reyataz and Truvada)my viral load is 77,000 / CD4 30 it is very low, but he told me it will start to go up again. I feel and look fine but kind of worry, can you please advise. I still work Monday thru Friday and eat my three meals a day - very healthy, also taking my vitamins I do not go to the gym now waiting untill I have enough my T cells.

Will like your opinion and by the I am 60 yearl old.

Thank you.

Response from Dr. Holodniy

Assuming no other significant medical conditions, you should have a very good response to restarting HIV treatment. Your viral load is likely to respond quite quickly in terms of reduction, but given how low your CD4 count is currently, it may take some time to get back to higher levels. Given how low your CD4 count is, I assume your doctor has also given you some antibiotics to protect you from certain kinds of infections.

Previous
cd4 decrease and viral load decrease
Next
White Blood Cell Count and Med resistance.

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.