what are the medicines for HIV?

My mom just discovered she has HIV, she has itches all over her body and it itches her so intensely, I am strong for her and I don't want her to feel like its the end of the world, what encouragement do you have to give so she can live her life like a normal human...what are the medicines neccessary for her to use, its devastating but I can't give up on her.

I refer you to another URL at TheBody: http://www.thebody.com/content/art40487.html, which discusses the basics and all the treatment options.

understanding labs
Testing results for Hep C