|Quality vs. Quanity
Jun 29, 2014
I've read that it isn't so much the number of CD4 one has as much as to their quality, yet it is what is used to determine immune health. I guess that may be why some do well on low counts while others not so well on higher. My question then is this... can or how is it determined the the quality of CD4s?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Unfortunately, there are no real good commercially available lab tests that measure quality, only quantity. Quality tests are only available in research labs, can measure the responsiveness of CD4 cells to various kinds of stimulation such as viral antigens.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Chills After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore On Penis After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can Vaginal Infections Cause Wbc In Urine?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.