Quality vs. Quanity

I've read that it isn't so much the number of CD4 one has as much as to their quality, yet it is what is used to determine immune health. I guess that may be why some do well on low counts while others not so well on higher. My question then is this... can or how is it determined the the quality of CD4s?

Unfortunately, there are no real good commercially available lab tests that measure quality, only quantity. Quality tests are only available in research labs, can measure the responsiveness of CD4 cells to various kinds of stimulation such as viral antigens.

PEP and Amoxcillin and Clavulanic acid
REDUCTION IN CD4 PERCENTAGE