T-cell drops without viral load

Hi, I've been HIV positive for over 25 years and have never had an AIDS-defining condition. My T-cells hover in the 600 to 700 range, mostly (they were lower before ART) but recently, they took a dip to 464 after having been in the mid-600 range for 2 years. Coincidentally, I'd been on a book tour in Europe and had terrible jet lag and insomnia that really messed me up; it took me over 3 weeks to recover. I did my labs 18 days after I returned, though my sleep patterns hadn't fully stabilized. Again, my viral load remained undetectable (less than 75 copies) but my T-cells took that dip and my percentage slipped from 33.6% to 29%. My doc is not alarmed, while I am. Could this be a sign the meds have started to not function? I've been on the same regimen of Abacavir, Viramune and lamivudine for nearly ten years and am 100% compliant.

I agree with your doctor and I am not concerned. given your longevity with infection and your undetectable viral load, I think things will likely settle out on the next round of testing.

safe meds for food poisoning
I need to increase my cd4, T cell count