|hep B viral load DNA
Jun 8, 2014
I have chronic Hepatitis B but I don't understand my test results does the 36 mean 3600 or 36000 etc and the same for the 1.55 Hepatitis B Virus DNA Results: 36H Reference Range <20 IU/ml
Hepatitis B Virus DNA Results: 1.55H Reference Range <1.30 Log IU/ml
to convert International Units/ml = 5.82 copies/ml Don't understand test results
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
No 36 means 36. The other number, which is the logarithmic form of expressing the same number confirms that. A numeric value of 36 is the same as log10 1.55. This would indicate a very low copy number of HBV. You should consult with a hepatologist to determine whether treatment is indicated at this time.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Flu Symptoms A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is Itchy Scrotum A Sign Of AIDS?
- Blood In Semen After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Receiving Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Ejaculation After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.