what to look for kidney dsease on your labwork?
Jun 8, 2014
I started treatment 8/13, my mom had a kidney transplant, please show me what to look for in my labwork to see when the kidney starts to go bad? Please show me how to read my labwork. Thanks Dr.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Basic kidney function is usually assessed by measuring the blood urea nitrogen (BUN), serum creatinine and electrolyte (sodium and potassium) levels, as well as performing a urinanalysis.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can A Regular Blood Test Test For Hiv?
- Taking Bactrim When You're Hiv Positive
- Can Someone Get AIDS From Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Can Someone Get HIV From Touching Sweat?
- Can You Contract HIV From Touching Feces?
- Can You Get HIV From Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.