newly infected

30 yr old male newly infected within past 8 months. t cells 388 and 24% vl pending. Can we make any assumptions on cd4 # and % that can increase with meds that produce a > 20 vl ? would it be preferred to know the vl to answer this? I know 24% is low normal but I would like to know what increase I might expect? thanks

Yes, in general, you will see an increase in both CD4 count and percent with HIV treatment. Given those numbers it is not unreasonable to expect an increase to 500 and 30% when the viral load becomes undetectable.

How likely is it for the igM test to be inaccurate?
Confused about test results