Apr 20, 2014
30 yr old male newly infected within past 8 months. t cells 388 and 24% vl pending. Can we make any assumptions on cd4 # and % that can increase with meds that produce a > 20 vl ? would it be preferred to know the vl to answer this? I know 24% is low normal but I would like to know what increase I might expect? thanks
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Yes, in general, you will see an increase in both CD4 count and percent with HIV treatment. Given those numbers it is not unreasonable to expect an increase to 500 and 30% when the viral load becomes undetectable.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blisters After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Eye Floaters After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Hair Loss After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Getting Fingered Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.