RE: Dischordance... Blip or What?
Mar 30, 2014
Thank you for taking my question. I'm sorry I didn't give the numbers. The absolute count was 787 and percentage 56, VL 4217
Response from Dr. Holodniy
In general, I would not be concerned. Your CD4 count and percent are both in the normal range and your HIV viral load is in the low range. There is no urgency to start HIV treatment at this point, although many experts believe that all people with HIV infection should be on HIV meds regardless of CD4 count or viral load level to maximally preserve immune function.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Is The Risk Of Getting AIDS From Topping?
- How Common Are Anal Warts?
- Burning Red Spots After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Ear Infection After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Swallowing Cum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Vaginal Discharge After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.