Mar 30, 2014
I was recently diagnosed with Syphilis (on my records it says Syphilis (II) so I assume I am in the second stage.
My TRUST was 1:64 My TPPA was 1:1280
I am being treated with 3 shots of penicillin. I am currently in a foreign country.
Besides a cancre sore, I can't really think of any symptoms I have had. My last blood test was 1 year ago, but I did have a urine test 5 months ago which said I was negative for Treponema palladium.
I was wondering: 1. I know my results (titer) are high, but is this worrisome? 2. Is the urine test reliable, my doctor here I think assumed it wasn't and went with my 1 year blood test which put me in a secondary category thus the 3 shots of penicillin. 3. Am I at risk for neurosyphilis.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
1. No 2. Usually better to test and follow test results with blood tests. 3. Possibly. Need to be evaluated by your doctor for any signs or symptoms related to neurosyphilis. If there are any concerns a lumbar puncture to test spinal fluid would be indicated, and the treatment duration with penicillin is different.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How To Prolong An Hiv-infected Life?
- Can You Pass Hep C To Your Unborn Child?
- What Does It Mean If You Hiv Test Comes Back Nonreactive?
- How Risky Is It Topping An Hiv Positive Guy?
- I May Have Hiv After 2 Years What Are Symptoms
- What Happens When The Immune System Is Weakened By Hiv Infection?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.