Mar 16, 2014
Hi Dr. Holodniy,
I was wondering about hiv long-term nonprogressors. Similar to testing positive for HCV even though its been cleared from the body, do you think hiv long term nonprogressers who have undetectable viral loads and normal-range cd4 counts actually cleared hiv from the body? I heard that theory the other day... have you heard that theory before? Is it at all plausible or are there problems with it?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
No, in general, despite undetectable HIV viral loads in the blood and normal CD4 counts, long-term nonprogressors or elite controllers still have evidence of the virus in their circulating blood cells and in other organs.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Am I A Long Term Nonprogressor
- Purple Spots After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Hole In Condom Worried I Have HIV
- How Do You Get Trichomoniasis Without Having A Sex Partner?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.