Recently diagnosed, need help understanding my results
Mar 8, 2014
Was just recently diagnosed as HIV positive. My viral load is 31,711 CD4 count is 570 and my CD4% is 24%. What do these results mean? Do I need to get into treatment soon?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Your viral load is in the moderate, but not high range, your CD4 count is in the normal range (500-1500), and your CD4 percent is moderately decreased from the normal range (30-50%). Taken together, there is no urgency to start HIV treatment, but I would recommend starting HIV treatment soon to limit any further damage to the immune.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Headache After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Tongue After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Thrush After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can You Get Hep B With A Condom?
- Does Washing Up After Sex Prevent Std's?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.