|BLIP or SOMETHING TO WORRY ABOUT
Mar 8, 2014
Pos for 12 years, been undetectable since strating meds, latest t-call count 1466. My question, since the VL test now reads under 20 copies as undetectable, and the last 3 test for me have been under 20, the 4th test from this past December had my VL up to 30 copies. I am 110% compliant with my meds but is this something that I should be concerned with? I am taking ALTRIPLA which is very convienet and I would hate to go back to a three drug regiment.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
I would not be concerned. We see this not infrequently and is unlikely to be a sign of HIV treatment failure.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Would You Test Positive For Hiv If You Have The Symptoms
- Can I Get Hiv Through Sharing Food?
- Is Farting A Symptom Of Hiv?
- Social Worker Ethics And Hiv Postive Clients And Duty To Disclose
- If I Had Unprotected Sex With An Hiv Positive Woman What Are The Odds That I Am Infected?
- Can Fluid Buildup Around Eyes And Blurred Vision Be Caused By A Viral Infection Or Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.