Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Understanding Your LabsUnderstanding Your Labs

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

CBC results
Mar 8, 2014

Hello doctor hollodniy. I am extremely worried and suffer from hiv and panic disorder . I have in the last month frequented hospitals every 2 to 3 days becuase. Of. My panic attacks and am extremely anxious but my last visit really took a punch on me . The doctor in the e.r ran a CBC panel on me and I reviewed it immediately upon arriving at home . My wbc count was 10.3 neutrophil at 81 % lymphocytes at 12 % absolute lymphocytes 1.2 monocytes 5 eosinophils 2 % basophils at 1% abs neutrophils at 8.3 I freaked out when I saw these numbers I'm so scared doctor I recently switched from atripla to complera becuase of side effects I am so scared that the med isn't working my previous abs lymph count was 1800 and cd 4 was 726 but at the hospital this week my abs lymph was 1.2 why the drop so I took the results to my hiv doctor and he didn't seem worried and told me that I was over stressing myself and that my panic disorder is making me dig for information and that those recent numbers in the e.r are of no major importance please help doctor I am concerned that I lost a lot of lymphocytes and that I am dying .

Response from Dr. Holodniy

I agree with your doctor. Although a CBC provides complimentary information, you need to have a repeat CD4 count/percent done to see if there are any significant changes.

Previous
hi ive tested my cd4 count in 2012 nd it was 1384 nd nw is2144
Next
CD4 count

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.