When to start meds as a controller

When I first found out I was HIV+ in October 2010, my viral load was 184 with a CD4 count of 1000. As of January 2014 my viral load is 833 and CD4 of 850. Ive never taken any meds, but my doctor wants to start me on Stribild. I'm hesitant to given my controller status. Can I put it off for a while, or is it in my best interest to start meds now?

Although the trend now is to start all HIV infected people on HIV treatment as soon as possible, regardless of CD4 count to preserve immune function, given your numbers over the last 3 years, there is no urgency to start. I can certainly understand why your doctor would be recommending that you start treatment.

CD4 ABSOLUTE AND PERCENTAGE INCREASE OVER 12 MONTHS
Depression update and a question about VA