CD4 ABSOLUTE AND PERCENTAGE INCREASE OVER 12 MONTHS

Hello Dr. I was dx back in 2001 and began treatment in 2006. The first six years on treatment my CD4 count always topped out between 500-550 and the percentage was consistently 27-30%. Absolutely no deviation from this. The last two labs I had done (August 2013 and February of this year) by CD4 count went up to 720 and the lasted labs indicated an increase to 837. CD4% has now increased from 33% and the most recent labs show an increase to 36%.. Keep in mind the % had never been higher then 30% until last year. No other active infections although I was recently dx with hypothyroidism which I'm being treated for. Any explanations as to this increase?? For the record, my viral load had always been very low (500-1000 copies) prior to starting HAART. Thanks for all your help!!!

I don't have an obvious explanation for those trends upward. We do certainly see continued increases in CD4 count/percent well after the first year or two of starting HIV treatment in those people who maintain an undetectable viral load. So what you are experiencing has certainly been seen in others.

trend of numbers
When to start meds as a controller