CD4 cell count

Dear Dr. Holodniy and Dr. Young,

Greetings from Japan.

I have been diagnosed HIV+ in 2009 with a CD4 cell count of 135 and a VL of 195,000. After starting ATRIPLA, My VL quickly went down to UD and my CD4 cells increased to 695. Meanwhile I have changed to COMPLERA due to CNS side effects of the Sustiva.

Over the past 10 month, my CD4 cell count went down to 480 with a relatively stable CD4% between 38% and 32%. My VL remained UD throughout with the exception of one Lues induced blip to 125.

Is the change in CD4 cells significant?

I don't think so, given the continued undetectable viral load and stable CD4 percent.

hiv and supplements
Understanding labs and HIV diagnostic