hiv and supplements
Mar 2, 2014
can one use herbal supplements with retrovirals? what role do supplements play in an insignificant viral load/cd4 count/%
Response from Dr. Holodniy
The short answer is yes, but. You have to be careful as some herbal supplements can interact with HIV meds causing the HIV meds not to have appropriate levels to control HIV infection. Always good to check with your pharmacist. There have not been enough randomized, controlled studies to determine the benefit of such supplements.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Is The Difference Between Genital Warts And Genital Herpes?
- What Is Mucosal Herpes Infections?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes From Infected Person?
- What Happens When You Have Mouth Herpes?
- What Do Shingles Look Like When They First Start?
- Is Uti Medication The Same As Gonorrhea?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.