Feb 23, 2014
My viral load is 5,800 copier/ml. Do i need to take a medicine for treatment? my family Doctor ask me take Baraclude 0.5 mg.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
You don't indicate which, if any, other laboratory tests or scans were performed to see how much damage may have been done to your liver. this includes HIV testing, as the drugs to treat HBV infection are also used to treat HIV infection. That result indicates a very low level of HBV DNA in the blood. Usually the copy number is in the millions. Although what your doctor suggested is not wrong and perfectly acceptable as HBV treatment you may want to consult with a liver specialist first.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Dry Cough An Acute Symptom Of AIDS?
- Black Spots After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Anal Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- White Tongue After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Can A Sexually Transmitted Disease Cause A Sore On Your Gums?
- What Does A Lot Of Clear Vaginal Discharge Mean?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.