Normal range labs, but want to start meds now

Good day Dr. Holodniy,

Is it really worth waiting to start meds until cd4 counts drop below 350? It seems like once they drop to that point it would take a very long time to get them up to what they once were. I haven't started meds, and my first labs are t-cell(cd4) count 922, viral load 105 (why so low - maybe lab error?). That was 4 weeks ago, I go again soon. Is there any danger in starting meds so early? Wouldn't it nearly ensure that my cd4 counts remain high? Would my viral load levels - assuming it was correct and not a lab error - suggest that there is a smaller probability that I will pass on hiv than if my vl was in the thousands? I don't know what to do.

Thank you in advance

HIV experts and the guidelines now reflect a shift in the recommendations of when to start HIV treatment. The goal of treatment is to stop HIV replication and preserve immune function. We are no longer recommending waiting until the CD4 count gets to 350. Rather, starting HIV treatment earlier in the course of infection is now advised, including those people with normal CD4 counts. It is possible that your viral load is that low, given your normal CD4 count. Your immune system could be controlling the infection on its own right now. That doesn't mean you couldn't start HIV treatment now. Another viral load test will help determine whether that low level is real or not.

Rising Viral load
can you help me?