Decrease in CD4 count

I've been using Truvada and Stocrin for over 2 years and I have never missed a dose. I never smoke and I don't drink too much. However something strange happened. My CD4 counts in October were 948 (lymphosite 3160,cd4 percentage 30%) and in my last test in January they decreased to 617 (lymphosite 1990, cd4 percentage 31%). How could this happen? I had a minor hemorrhoid problem so I had to take some extra medication prior to testing, could that have an effect?

My other question is about protein shakes. I've joined anew gym and the instructor adviced me some whey protein powder. Is itany dangerous for me?

Thank you

Although it looks like your CD4 count has dropped significantly, you can see that your CD4% is stable, and the CD4 count drop is the result of your total lymphocyte count dropping by over 1000 between those two tests. You don't indicate what your viral load results are. Assuming your viral load has remained undetectable I would not be concerned. It is hard to know why your lymphocyte count dropped, although it could be because of other ongoing infections. Unlikely that would have resulted from hemorrhoids. Regarding protein shakes, always good to check with your pharmacist to make sure that such supplements will not interact with your HIV meds.

Just been diagnosed
Labs improved since med switch? What if YOU had hiv?