|Just been diagnosed
Jan 19, 2014
I've just received my results after being diagnosed with HIV. I believe my exposure was approximately 6 months ago, altho, my last HIV test was approx 18 months ago, so i cant be 100 percent sure...my Viral load is 360,000 and my CD4 is at 315. since this is my first test can i expect my CD4 to go back up a bit, or should i start treatment immediately since it is below 500? Or should i wait and get a re-tested to see if there is a trend?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Although you can certainly get retested to establish the baseline, given that viral load, that CD4 count is most likely real. Regardless, I would recommend starting HIV treatment now. You are likely to have a very good response and will see your CD4 count increase significantly.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Testicles After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Precum Touching Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sinus Infection After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Genital Warts Transmission By Hand
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.