HAVE I DEVELOPED DRUG RESISTANCE?

Hello, and thank you for reading my inquiry.

I have been on Complera since July 2012 and was, up until recently, doing well on it. My October'2012 labs showed my CD4 count at 920, which was a steady incline from 386 when I started Complera. My viral load in October was undetectable, as it had been for a year.

Then, in early December 2012, I had run out of medication while out of state, and ended up being without meds for 2 weeks before I could get in to the doctor. That same day, December 23, they ran labs which I just got the results from. My CD4 count is now 686 and viral load is 100 copies/mL.

They have refilled my Complera and I have resumed taking it daily. Should I be worried about drug resistance, and if so, what second-line regimen would you recommend?

Thank you for your time.

I think you should be fine, would not worry about resistance, and would expect your viral load to be undetectable on the next retest.

CD4 counts are dropping( from 592 to 248 now)
Just been diagnosed