CD4 counts are dropping( from 592 to 248 now)

I am a 34 year old man and was diagnosed HIV positive in August of 2013, when I was in Singapore. My CD4 count was 461 and % CD4 was 12.2% then (Aug 2013). The Viral Load was 266,800 copies /ml of blood. The doctor told me that I might have been HIV positive since 2010 or 2011. I returned back to India and consulted an HIV specialist doctor here in India, who asked me to repeat the CD4/CD8 tests in September. The counts in September 2013 were: CD4 : 592 and %CD4 :17.9% Based on these counts, the doctor advised me to take general care and repeat the tests after 4 months. No Treatment was advised.

Since October 2013 I started practicing Yoga one hour of intense yoga almost everyday, until I fractured my ankle and had to take a month break. I was hoping that my counts would improve or atleast sustain, because I was exercising (Yoga) and eating well.

I went for the tests again this past weekend (January 2014) and I was surprised to see my CD4 counts drop. Absolute CD4 now is 248 and % CD4 is 12 %. Note I have not started ART yet.

What can this drop in count be attributed to or explained? Is it time for me to start ART/medications? What is the general Life expectancy (Realistic please) for anyone in my condition? Should I continue my Yoga practice or should I stop doing Yoga? What general health routine should I follow?

Thanks much in advance!

Despite your relatively good CD4 counts previously, your CD4% was already significantly decreased. So the additional drop in CD4 count and percent would not be unexpected. You need HIV treatment now. Life expectancy is very good. And yes, you should continue to practice yoga.

Steady UD but sudden CD4 drop
HAVE I DEVELOPED DRUG RESISTANCE?