|Steady UD but sudden CD4 drop
Jan 19, 2014
Hi Dr. Holodniy,
Thank you for this service. It is really invaluable.
I have been steadily UD for a year. My CD4 was is in the 600-700 range over the past year.
My recent labs were still UD but the CD4 dipped to 395 (29.5%), while the CD8 598 (44.7%) and CD19 79 (5.9%) were slightly abnormal. Would you consider this is blip or possibly not HIV-related, or would it merit more robust follow-up?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
You don't indicate what the CD4% was when your CD4 counts were 600-700. Assuming that your CD4% was around 30% with those previous values as well, then I would not be concerned. That is likely since your viral load is undetectable.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Swollen Lymph Nodes A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Flaky Skin After Fingering Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Flu Symptoms After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Deep Kissing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Purple Spots After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.