CMV and platelet counts

Hello and thanks in advance for your help. In May I was diagnosed with PCP and diagnosed with HIV, although it is almost certain I have been positive since 96 or 97. When I was admitted my VL was 114,000 and CD4 less than 10. I started on Atripla and my last test results last week were VL UD, CD4 - 41 (not great but going up). However at the same time my platelet count was down from 300 (probably not reporting all the 0s) in May, to 100 this last week and the CMV came back reactive. I will have the platelet count redone when I get back home - am working out of town currently, so I have to wait to retest and cannot readily contact the doc. But wondered if there was a relationship between a positive or reactive CMV test and a drop in platelets? And if a drop in platelets in common after the virus in UD? My 2 intermediary platelet counts were about 250. Thank you

You don't indicate what CMV test was performed, or whether any other blood cells counts were abnormal or low. Yes, active CMV infection could affect platelet count, as well as other white blood cells counts. Atripla would be unlikely to do this, and in general, this is unlikely after the HIV viral load is undetectable, unless something else is going on.

How might diabetic coma affect labs?
bareback sex froma straight male