How might diabetic coma affect labs?

Hi Dr. Holodniy!

It's the analogy guy once again. Hope you had a great New Years! So, this time around I have a question about how uncontrolled diabetes - to the point of diabetic coma - might affect labs. I know, this question's as left field as Geena Davis in a League of Their Own, but my question actually arose after 2 friends, who, 2 weeks apart from each other, went into diabetic comas immediately after the new year! How strange is that?

Anyway, they didn't even know they were even diabetic because these are some if the healthiest guys you'd meet. Neither of them are HIV positive though. And it got me thinking - what if I went into a diabetic coma like that? Would it be possible to administer Atripla via IV? Would the Atripla power (kinda sounds like the A-Team here) not be as strong because the individual is in a coma, and consequently, their labs take a turn for the worst?

P.S. It made my new years that you did the trivia! And yes, beehive is correct! Your prize is a high-five! But not just any high-five; this high-five is a slow-motion, Top Gun jumping, Chariots of Fire theme song type high-five.

Thank you!

You would be able to have HIV meds administered, usually in liquid form, down a nasogastric tube.

faint HIV test
CMV and platelet counts