Your bow tie and my labs

Hi doc,

I gotta know where you got that bow tie! You'd fit perfectly in with us down here in Silver Lake.

I just got out of the hospital for pancreatitis that happened out of nowhere, but maybe it's because of the history I had with drugs and my hiv meds? I've been clean and sober since 2009 cause that's when i was dx'ed with hiv and didn't have to take meds until August of last year when my cd4 dipped below 350. Initial labs: cd4 517, vl 236 (those were back in 2009). Labs when I had to start meds: cd4 333, vl 317 (Started Stribild). Next labs: cd4 400, vl undetectable. Last labs: cd4 416, vl undetectable. Fortunately I don't have hep c or any other sti, and don't drink or do drugs of any kind anymore. Could my pancreatitis have been triggered by me starting the meds or waiting too long to take them? Maybe is this just a freak accident unrelated to HIV inflammation? Did past drug use mess up my immune system maybe the damage is catching up with me? I just don't know, still I have so many questions

Thank you mister

Although there were no reports of pancreatitis associated with Stribild in the clinical trials, there have been some post-marketing reports of pancreatitis with Stribild and with the tenofovir component. These reports do not establish whether the HIV meds were the cause or not, and there may have been other factors (stones, other meds, tumors, other infections, etc.) that were associated with these cases.

Med
HIV "positive," but not - Lyme disease