My partial lab results

Hello Dr. Holodniy:

I was diagnosed HIV+ a little over a year ago. I started with atripla almost right away. From my initial lab results, my doctor told me I was infected about 4 years ago, which is consistent with what I consider possible.

I was diagnosed during pre-op tests (ordered by my dentist), meaning I was feeling fine and in good health at the time (and still, thank the Lord).

So, my initial labs were: cd4: 400 Viral load: 700 (and other data I don't remember)

I live in Venezuela, here the government provides free HIV/AIDS medication for all who are diagnosed, given to us consistently once a month. Cd4 and viral load tests are also free of charge, but sometimes it takes time to get an appointment.

I was supposed to get re-tested 6 months after starting treatment. I had to wait almost a year, but they are back, partialy. I only got Cd4/Cd8 results, the viral load result is still pending (the told me to wait after new year's eve to go get them).

So, my NEWER results (just the ones I did get) are:

cd3: 1739 cd4: 732 cd8: 894 cd4/cd8 index: 0,8

I know my cd4 got a 300+ bump, that's good. But all the rest, could you please tell me. I know I must wait to get the viral load result before going to see my doctor again (she told me so), but could you please interpret the partial information I have.

Thank you.

CD3 cells are all t lymphocyte cells which includes CD4 and CD8 cells. The CD8 cells are t lymphocytes which are the major cell that fights HIV. They usually are higher than CD4 cells in people with HIV infection. The CD4/CD8 index or ratio is usually between 1-2 in people without HIV infection. Yours is slightly below that because your CD8 count is increased, even though your CD4 count is in the normal range.

pains on my fingers
sustiva and truvada