Shingles without Blisters?
Dec 22, 2013
I have had an unknown rash for 3 weeks now. The doctors that have seen me have varied on responses but have listed shingles as a good possibility. I have severe muscle pain in my lower back where the rash is. Almost like I've been lifting weights for too long! But the rash never blistered! I never had one blister. Is it still possible that it is shingles?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Possible. Shingles has a fairly distinctive pattern to it. If it's not clear what may be going on, a biopsy or sample can be sent to the lab to determine if the shingles virus is present or not.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Dry Cough A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Odds Of Getting HIV Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Dry Cough After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Herpes After Condom Inside Out Worried I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Breast Sucking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.