Dec 22, 2013
My viral load increase in one year from 8000 to 31.000. My CD4 are around 800. I started with Presista, Norvir and Kivexa. Can this drugs lower my viral load and when i can expect that? When I can stop with therapy?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Yes, these HIV meds will decrease the HIV viral load to undetectable levels, provided you take the medications as prescribed. Unfortunately, HIV infection is a chronic infection and requires daily, life-long medications to keep the virus suppressed. So you should not stop HIV treatment.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Small Red Blotches On Stomach And Hiv
- Can U Get Hiv Through A Dried Up Cut?
- Will Partner Reject Me Because Of Herpes?
- Will My Husband Get Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Pills Can You Take To Get Rid Of Bacterial Vaginosis Or A Yeast Infection?
- What Over The Counter Products Can Help Prevent Bacterial Vaginosis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.