Dec 22, 2013
My viral load increase in one year from 8000 to 31.000. My CD4 are around 800. I started with Presista, Norvir and Kivexa. Can this drugs lower my viral load and when i can expect that? When I can stop with therapy?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Yes, these HIV meds will decrease the HIV viral load to undetectable levels, provided you take the medications as prescribed. Unfortunately, HIV infection is a chronic infection and requires daily, life-long medications to keep the virus suppressed. So you should not stop HIV treatment.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does HIV Cause Itchy Scrotum?
- Can Someone Get AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Blood In Semen After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Headache After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Licking Rectum Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.