Rising cd8 steady cd4

I have been on meds since 2009. I started at cd 4 of 276 and PCP cd8 was1663 cd4/cd8% 16. At year three I was at cd% of 42% since them the cd4 has stayed between 650 and 750 but the cd4/cd8 % declines. As of now cd4 661 cd8 3420. The cd8 seems to continue to rise with each new test which lowers the %. My Dr is at a loss to the rise. He has ran many test but no answers as to why the cd8 continues to rise. I have been UD since 6 months on meds. Currently taking stribild. Any thoughts on the rising cd8?

In most people the CD8 count and percent never normalizes, and in some, it can remain in the thousands. The normal range is also variable, depending on gender and ethnicity. As you know, CD8 cells are important in controlling HIV infection, hence the increase in number and response with infection. However, too many CD8 cells can be a bad thing, and maybe the result of other ongoing infections or medical problems. Some studies suggest that when the CD8 count is sustained at > 1200-1500 during HIV infection, increased inflammation resulting in other medical problems or perhaps HIV treatment failure is possible. Measuring CD8 cells is usually not important in everyday management of HIV infection, and in my opinion, is related to historical considerations when we did look at things like the CD4/CD8 ratio more closely. That said, having CD8 counts now has allowed researchers to better understand the relationship between CD8 count, HIV infection, treatment response, and inflammatory syndromes.

Add psych meds or just switch hiv meds?
Concern about my cd4 dropping