Dec 15, 2013
My cousins husband was recently diagnosed with full blown aids and taxoplasmosis he was also diagnosed with hepatitis b about 8 yrs ago..his CD4 count is at 34 and had a brain mri which showed lesions on the brain because of the infection...he was started on Hiv meds ..I would like to know his the life expectancy?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Always a difficult question to answer. Many factors come into play including age, underlying genetics regarding immune function, and other ongoing medical illnesses that all can affect prognosis. The good news is that the HIV and toxoplasmosis infections are both treatable, and the damage to the immune system is reversible.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Painful Red Spots After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Can Genital Warts Cause Burning And Irritation?
- Does Gardasil Work If Already Have Hpv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.