CD4 count decrease rapidly.

Hi Doctor, My diagnosis came recently that i am Positive. At very First cd4 test it was 451 (In India they don't do VL test by default). Since my first test, i had tooth infection due to extraction which stayed for almost 1 month followed by Flu vaccination and Cold, Fever and Cough. Though i completely recovered now and feel all healthy and good. My CD4 count came down to 388. My health adviser asked me to visit after 1 month to repeat the test and confirm the possibilities of HAART. In india we start treatment when CD4 count falls down to 350.

I changed my Consultant due to lack of my confidence in the earlier one and this new consultant seems to be knowledgable and advices inline with all the resource we have available. I went for CD4 test again in new LAB and my CD4 count drops down to 328 and my CD8 is 1150. i dont understand the ratio that well and have my appointment next week with her to rule out possibilties.

I wanted to check with you, with the series of illness i went into recently and changing my Lab is it BUT OBVIOUS that such variation is possible and that i may increase in my CD4 count without Med, keeping into mind that my infection is new.

I have a strong Diet plan and Gym regularly, I smoke (cutting down ) and drink moderate.

It is conceivable that the various other infections contributed to the CD4 decline. Not knowing how high the HIV viral load is, a high viral load could also be contributing to a faster CD4 decline. Your CD8 count is elevated as a result of HIV infection. Thus, the CD4/CD8 ratio (normally 1-2) in people without HIV decreases in people with HIV infection as a result of a decline in CD4 and an increase in CD8 counts. I think you need to start HIV treatment.

First bloodwork result
Opportunistic Infection vs AIDS diagnoses