Complera, pregnancy and complications

Hi, I have been living with HIV for over four years now, my viral load is undetectable and my CD4 is 490. I currently take complera, however I now suspect I am pregnant. I will be going to see my doctor but cannot get an appointment until 9th November, should I stop taking Complera between now and the 9th November? I have been advised by my previous doctor to do this but I am unsure.

Complera is a Pregnancy Category B medication, meaning animal reproduction studies have not shown a risk to the animal fetus but adequate and well-controlled trials in pregnant women have not been conducted. Thus the risk to the fetus is likely very low. You might want to go to the drug store and buy an at home pregnancy test to be sure before you make any decisions about stopping medications.

Meds & Travel (help)
CD3 T Cell Test