Nov 3, 2013
I recently contracted hiv sometime between January-March 2013. I got blood tested in April- negative. I got tested again June-positive. My cd4 count was 1413 viral load 65. I got tested again in October. Cd4 was 1493 viral load 20. I don't know what's going on. My doctor made me redo the western blot. I go back to the doctor November 5th. Is this common?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Although it is not common, people can certainly have a positive HIV antibody test with low or undetectable HIV viral load and still be HIV infected.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Will Having My Genital Warts Removed Decrease My Chances Of Spreading It?
- What To Do When Prescriptions Do Not Work For Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Is The Meaning Chlamydia Igg Test Positive?
- What Does Herpes Look Like Around Your Eye?
- What Antibiotics Can Help Treat Chlamydia?
- Symptoms Of Gonorrhea In Your Throat
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.