HIV VIRAL LOAD

Hi Doc, what are the implications of 26 516.00 copies/ml in a pregnant woman in her 37weeks. when i was 3 months pregnant i was given AZT and Septrine which am still taking and i have not been reinfecting myself neither do i get sick. in short i have never been down and i eat alot and never vomit. how possible is it that my Viral load can be this high and how do i know if my baby has not been infected yet. please help because i want my baby to be fine

You should be getting more than AZT, and I am concerned that your virus could have acquired AZT resistance if all you have been taking is one HIV medication. I suggest you speak with your obstetrician or with someone who is experienced in taking care of HIV infected women who are pregnant about adding additional HIV meds to your regimen and getting your HIV viral load undetectable before delivery and doing a resistance test.

Viral load and starting treatment.
Cd4 increasing