|HIV being a retrovirus
Oct 27, 2013
How is it that HIV kills t-cells when retroviruses do not kill the host cells they infect?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Although the complete mechanisms have yet to be fully elucidated, there is now evidence that when HIV gets into CD4 cells these cells become activated and are then programmed to die prematurely. In addition, at the point of when HIV is getting integrated into cell DNA, host cell enzymes are activated that also lead programmed cell death.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hairy Tongue After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Foreplay Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Balls After Touching Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Urination After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Condom Broke Anal Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.