cd%????

hy dear doc,mark....from europe :-) ok i have one question. I get my lab results and one thing I dont understand.... why my cd 4 number (1040) is much more higer that cd4 % (29%)??? I am first month on arv (epizom,sustiva) and my VL is aronud 20,000. like i said my cd 4 is 1040,but my cd 4% is low and why is that???those two lab resulst are not match.....and that is not first time that they are so diffrent. thank you for your response.... take care....by

Well your CD4 percent is just barely out of the normal range, which is usually 30-50%, depending on the laboratory doing the test. The CD4 count can vary for a number of reasons (time of day, other ongoing medical conditions, after immunizations, etc., and the CD4% is a more stable number over time). I don't see a real disconnect, and things will change again after you start treatment.

LAB RESULT WILL I MAKE IT?
What does CD8 count mean?