|Undetectable viral load
Oct 27, 2013
Regarding an undetectable viral load and a standard HIV test, I am a little confused, is it still possible to test HIV positive when having a normal test if you have an undetectable viral load? Reason I ask is because I work in various countries around the world in the oil industry, some countries require a medical check including HIV and I wanted to know if my HIV test results when undetectable might be missed when having normal blood tests?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
You can be HIV infected, have a positive screening and confirmatory antibody test, and yet have an undetectable HIV viral load.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- AIDS Risk Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Afraid I Have HIV
- Fever After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.