|Increased creatinten level
Oct 19, 2013
I've been taking acyclovir for several years and was recently on a high protein diet. Was about to deploy to Afghanistan but was recently told my creatinine level is 1.6. Is kidney disease/failure eminent or can I recover or improve the level by stopping the meds and changing my diet? Shoul I still deploy next month?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
You don't indicate what the creatinine values have been prior to this result, whether any other tests (BUN level, urinalysis, etc) have abnormal results, or whether you are taking any other medications or supplements. In general, discontinuation of medications and modification of diet would help the situation.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Black Spots A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Dizziness After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Licking Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Urination After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Rash After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Rimming Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.