Rpr 1:2 when should I retest

I had contracted syphilis and successfully treated it 13 years ago.

A year and a half ago I got tested and rpr was non reactive. A few months ago I engaged in unprotected oral sex one time and have been scared ever since. It's been around three months since I made the mistake and I got tested this week.

My rpr was reactive this time 1:2.

I asked this question a few days ago and was told it is probably reactive because of my previously treated infection. I have also read that the rpr's can fluctuate.

My questions are:

1 If I did get reinfected 3-4 months ago should my rpr be higher?

2 if I get retested again a week later is it possible it will be nonreactive again if I am not infected?

3 Does the test itself vary slightly or is it my body that changes the results?

4 how long should I wait to get tested again to be sure I am not reinfected?

5 if i retest and rpr is lower or non-reactive will that prove I am not reinfected?

I know I can get treated just in case but I would really like to know if I am reinfected.

I am worried sick that I caught it again and would feel so much better if I had a definitive answer.

it is unlikely that this represents new infection and likely variability of the test, as in many people after successful treatment the RPR can remain positive for months to years, even with titers > 1:2. If there has been no significant recent exposure a repeat is likely unnecessary. However, if this were new infection another test in 3 months should demonstrate a 4-fold increase in titer.

CD4
cd4% 18 cd4 count 670