Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Understanding Your LabsUnderstanding Your Labs

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Possible Cure for HIV
Sep 29, 2013

I am not a doctor, I am an amateur scientist. My research has led me to believe that the Docking Glyco-protein located on the Lipid Membrane of the HIV Virus can be permanently sealed, killing the HIV Virus. I am convinced that by medically inducing a strong temporary reaction of either the Factor VIII blood-clotting protein or the Von Willebrand Factor will close the HIV Docking Glycoprotein and kill HIV. Two seperate individuals under went a bone marrow transplant that were HIV positive. Months after the operation, both cases no longer have the HIV Virus. Blood Coagulation without White or Red Blood Cell involvement is the only possible explanation that I have found that could have killed the HIV Virus in both situations. Are you aware of any other possibilities besides the closing of the Docking Glyco-Proteins that could kill the HIV Virus in both of these Bone Marrow transplants? You don't have to post this question. Thanks Doc.

Response from Dr. Holodniy

You present an interesting possibility. Prior to transplant, conditioning the bone marrow by ablating host marrow stem cells and other immunologically active cells, either by chemotherapy or radiation therapy or both, in order to accept the transplanted cells, would also significantly reduce the HIV cell infected reservoir.

Previous
hemoglobin and platlets
Next
ProviralDNA PCR test and hiv mutation

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.