syphilis rpr fluctuations

I contracted syphilis 3 times in the last 2-3 years and was treated. The third time it took over a year for the RPR to get to non-reactive. Now 3 months later the titer is 1:4. My doctor said no treatment is indicated , seemed a little baffled. I told her I had performed oral sex(anonymously) but the man put on a condom 7 weeks prior to the blood test. She said we'll do the test again in 3 months. Is it more likely that the 1:4 is a new infection or a false positive or normal for a person with a history of syphilis? Would another test in a few weeks be useful? Thanks for your time.

It is likely neither a new infection or a false positive, given your prior history of infection. Yes, another test would be useful.

rpr 1:2 after 10 years
hemoglobin and platlets